Tuesday 27 March 2012

Be a Very Wary Bear

My days of the week are all mixed up. I think it's Thursday, but it's just my fourth consecutive work day. Anyway...

Sunday I went into work slightly earlier than usual. I really wanted to do a few things around Epcot that I'm not allowed to do in costume, like for example take pictures or make purchases.

Amazing sand sculture I've been wanting to photograph since Day 1.

So for the first time ever, I went to work in normal clothes with my costume in a bag (boots are really heavy to carry, btw). Luckily for me, my timing was just perfect, because Duffy the Disney bear had just come back from his break and was ready for another round of hugs and pictures! YAY! My first character picture! I plan to purchase my own Duffy, probably in Jedi attire, and then get another picture. Big Duffy also changes outfits around holidays, so I'm looking forward to that.

Duffy the Disney Bear and I!
Besides whoever's in the UK, Duffy's the closest character to Canada.

Monday marked the beginning of yet another Spring Break. Seriously America, stop staggering your Spring Breaks. I can't handle it. Everyday when we arrive, there's a notice on our dry-erase board with projected park attendance. Yesterday was projected to be Medium. Yeah, no. So many guests, and so many guests wanting leather engraving done at 8:40 at night. It's a little trickier at night, due to darkness and insects, not to mention huge masses of people and IllumiNations warning music (thumping jungle music starts at 8:30). I was quite glad to head home. Since it was Monday, it was games night at Jen's house (she always hosts games). I brought cookies again, but only five people showed up, and four were from merchandise. Fine by us, we played multiple rounds of Apples to Apples and Scattergories, both of which ended in hilarity due to lack of sleep. Lots of fun though!

I started today by the pool and am due in Canada for 1500. Stay tuned for more adventures?

TTFN

Note: Price Management (who maintains the housing) has decided to simultaneously repave 90% of the parking lots. I now park further from my house than the exit. Riiiiiight.

Thanks to: Fellow lumberjack Amanda for showing up in Canada in normal clothes to take pictures.

Briana and I, lumberjacks with Canada Mickey Ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment