Thursday 15 March 2012

Think of Paths that Moonbeams Make, If the Moon is Still Awake

Today was my Saturday. I usually dislike it when people say that, but I have to because I usually don't know what day of the week it actually is, and at least for awhile, I'll have Thursdays and Fridays off.

This afternoon I hit up Hollywood Studios (not to be confused with Universal Studios; this one is a Disney park) with a few English, Italian and Canadian friends. We immediately lined up for Aerosmith's Rock'n' Roller Coaster while one of us went to grab Fast Passes on Tower of Terror for everyone else (we can get a Fast Pass an hour with Disney ID), as well as snacks and drinks. It was an 80-minute wait, and it was worse for me cuz I had never done it before and Ashleigh convinced me that the first row of the first car was where we were sitting. I did it. It went so damn fast it whipped tears from my eyes (I swear I wasn't that scared). 

Rock'n' Roller Coaster: Conquered 
As soon as we were through with Rock'n' Roller Coaster, our Fast Pass time had come up for Tower of Terror, so we were able to bypass the entire line and immediately get on the next ride. Bless the Fast Pass. I completely forgot that Tower of Terror makes me think I'm going to die. 

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Conquered
Then we had reservations (always always always make reservations) at the Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater, a restaurant on the other side of the park styled to look like a 1950s drive-in movie theater. I'm sure you would've figured it out. 

I have no idea why I got to be the driver.
Glittery tables! Cute costume on hostess!
The park was closing as were were leaving, so there were a ton of Cast Members at the bus stop. I squealed every time I saw a Tower of Terror costume (there were four of them!). I'm still really confused on what constitutes backstage and onstage, but I'm pretty sure pictures weren't allowed at the bus stop. I'll have to clarify for next time so I can make Tower of Terror friends. 

TTFN


Note: Remember the pond across the road from my apartment? It's full of glow sticks tonight. I've never seen litter look so magical.

Thanks to: The College Program Participant on the bus to whom I taught some French. Did you know that only 20% of Canadians are fluent in French? Now you do. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes...that Fast Pass is a blessing! I love that Aerosmith ride - jealous that you were front row - how cool!

    ReplyDelete